Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Spirometry test for lung function

Today was the day I had the Spirometry test. Took about an hour for the testing and then went and had appointment with the pulmonologist so that he could review the results and give me his findings.

The test itself is not difficult. It is a bit tiring because of the effort in breating but otherwise not bad. Testing is normally done in a booth (like a telephone box) whilst you are seated but because of being large I had to do it outside of the box whilst standing.

Have been given the all clear by the pulmonologist. He says that from the testing there seems to be no narrowing of the main breathing tubes and there should be no problems (lung wise) with me having the operation.

I am sooooooooooooo happy to get the all clear on this one. Smoking way too many cigs for way too many years made me rather anxious to find out whether I had completely damaged my lungs.

Tomorrow is the follow up testing with the cardiologist and then another appointment with the bariatric surgeon when I will hopefully get to set the date.

I am feeling anxious about tomorrow's tests on my heart and have everything crossed that it will all be good and that I will be given the all clear.



COSTS TODAY
Spirometry - SR350 (Australian $104 - American $94 - South African R680)
Pulmonologist - SR200 (Australian $60 - American $54 - South African R388)

No comments:

Post a Comment