Sunday, August 15, 2010

Some more appointments

Went to the hospital today as had appointments for my chest x-rays, the ultrasound of my abdomen, appointment with the pulmonologist and one with the bariatric surgeon (Dr Helal) for a follow-up.

Chest X-ray and ultrasound were done first thing in the morning and no hassle with those apart from the long waits........

Saw Dr Tamimi (pulmonologist) who took my history and did a bit of a physical to check lungs. Also had a look at my X-Rays and then discussed my lung function. Says they don't seem to be too bad but that he would like me to do a 1 hour test (Spirometry) to check the lung function properly before surgery. Explained that I could be a higher risk patient post-op because of my smoking (some 30 years) but that he does not anticipate anything major that cannot be dealt with. Dr Tamimi also asked that I see a cardiologist for a check and ECG.

Arrange the tests for Tuesday morning and a follow up with Dr Tamimi straight after.

Next and last appointment of the day was with Dr Helal who went through all the test results so far and through Dr Tamimi's report. Gave me a recommendation for the cardiologist and arranged appointment for follow up after I see the cardiologist so that we can set a date for the operation.

Left Dr Helal and went and arranged appointment for cardiologist and ECG tomorrow night and follow up with Dr Helal on Wednesday.


COSTS FOR TODAY
X-Ray SR125 (Australian $38, American $34, South African R243)
Ultrasound SR750 (Australian $224, American $200, South African R1,459)
Pulmonologist SR200 (Australian $60, American $54, South African R389)
Bariatric Surgeon S125 (Australian $38, American $34, South African R243)

No comments:

Post a Comment