Saturday, September 18, 2010

4 weeks post-op

Another week gone past and weight loss still very very slow :(
It's amazing how it takes us months or years to put on the weight but we expect it to come off in hours or days.............

Loss to date = 11kg (24lbs)
Starting weight 119kg [262lbs] now 108kg [238lbs]
Starting BMI 48 - now 43


Food for the last week has been all mushie type food but trying to concentrate of eating mostly protein as I go.  Can't wait to start trying normal types of food and will slowly start introducing it in the next week.

Am still feeling tired alot of the time and find that I have to nap at least once during the day.  Hopefully I will continue to get more energy with each week :)

I have been getting a bit depressed about not seeing the scales move much over the last 3 weeks but I try to make myself see that I have already lost about 20% of my excess weight.  Fingers and toes crossed that my size will keep going down and that the weight will start coming down as well.

I took some more photos today and if you compare these to the ones I posted from the surgery date you should be able to notice a difference. 


1 comment:

  1. Hi I am glad to you are back and blogging your progress :). Oh yes, you are losing weight indeed and I can see it from the pics! It seems to me that you lost atleast a size and also, 24 lbs loss sounds awesome since it is very challenging to lose more than 10 lbs a month. Give yourself credit for sticking with liquid diet, I can just imagine that being extremely hard; and, I agree with the fact that gaining weight is way easier than losing.

    Are you allowed to juice? I find that juicing low GI veggeis and fruits gives me tons of energy. I have been on Atkins diet for 9 months, I lost weight but I was alway tired and felt sluggish mentality. I now believe fruits are essential so I juice greens and add an apple or some berries. I find that it gives me instant energy and it elevates my mood. Perhaps you can try to substitute some of you beverages for a cup of smoothie to give you give the energy you need unless it is prohibited in diet.

    Hope you keep writing on your blog so I can follow your results as I wish to do this surgery here in the Kingdom as well. The only thing stopping me right now is fear of the unknow & what could happen with this; otherwise, I would have gone under this surgery months ago.

    take care, God bless!

    ReplyDelete