Saturday, September 11, 2010

3 weeks post-op

Wow 3 weeks gone already and 10.5kg (23lbs) gone as well :).
Starting weight 119kg [262lbs] now 108.5kg [239lbs]
Starting BMI 48 - now 44

Weight loss in the last 2 weeks has been slow but it is coming off.  I also find that my shape is changing more rapidly than the actual scales show.  I wish I had taken measurements before I started the journey but have to rely on my clothes to tell me if I am loosing size. 

Today I started the pureed part of the diet.  I can finally eat something rather than just drink liquids.  For lunch today I dry fried 6 prawns and then blitzed them in the food processor and that was my lunch.  It was great to have something to sort of chew on rather than just sip.  The diet  has also changed now in that I cannot drink for 30 minutes before and after a meal.  It's quite a challenge considering I have been sipping nonstop for the last 3 weeks.  The reason for not drinking immediately before and after a meal is so that the food actually remains in the pouch for a period of time.  If you drink the food simply gets washed away into the intestines and will not give me the full fealing.  Talking about feeling full - I have yet to feel any hunger or even feel full.  From what I have read on different sites the reason for this is that the nerves that were damaged during the operation are still recovering and normally you start getting the sensations back at about 6 weeks post-op.  For now I am supposed to continue eating about 1 cup worth of food per meal and concentrate on taking in mostly protein.  I need to eat 5 to 6 times a day but generally manage 4 or 5 meals a day.

I am still very tired all the time but hopefully that will start improving with time.

No comments:

Post a Comment